GamblingStories.com
Sign in to follow this  
Daisy147

Worried about my fathers gambling addiction

Hi all,

I recently found that my father is addicted to gambling. He was a fine young man but due to work pressure he turned to gambling to feel wanted. I am very much negatively affected by my father's gambling.

When I talk to him, he says that the club environment made him feel like he was in home, he felt great when he won and the staffs over there were so good that they served him well. I am wondering how much of his time and money is put towards gambling. My concern about the financial situation, coupled with my father’s unreliability, is keeping me up at night.

I’m worried about his future. He is ruining himself and just can’t watch it. I'm thinking of getting him gambling addiction treatment in Calgary. But I don't know if my father will be ready for any kind of treatments. Is there any other way to stop him from gambling? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I think you have to help your father to overcome his addiction. Give him a chance to get back to his life again and you are the one who can make it possible. It is possible to stop gambling. The process isn't quick or easy, but it isn't impossible either. A therapist can help you to actively take the steps to combat this addiction.

All the best!

Try talking to him. Have you talk to him directly? coz if you don't it will never be resolve. Try talking to him first and let him realize the effects made by his actions. And try to make him busy with other stuff like any hobbies - sports, etc.

On 4/17/2017 at 1:00 PM, Marythomas said:

I think you have to help your father to overcome his addiction. Give him a chance to get back to his life again and you are the one who can make it possible. It is possible to stop gambling. The process isn't quick or easy, but it isn't impossible either. A therapist can help you to actively take the steps to combat this addiction.

All the best!

I agree.