GamblingStories.com
Sign in to follow this  
anonymous1

My Story

I have lost 30k over the last two months which was life changing money.

the worst part for me was the lies i was teling to my family which has caused extreme anxiety for which im now on medication

i have agreed with my family to put any money from my wages to be put into another family members account.

you can recover from gambling addiction you just need to be strong and get help from family

the bookmakers have lots more to do to help gamblers with addictions for example i found they held on to withdrawls you had made back to your account  for three or four days .

Bookmakers have only one common interest in this business and it is to make as much money as possible - which is why deposits are instant and come without any verification at many places (except for websites that don't want to get the deposit reversed or charged-back so they protect themselves) .... withdrawals take more time indeed.

You could potentially have used a betting broker if you don't want to wait for deposits/withdrawals - that's what I did ... it's hassle free - but it doesn't really hassle free when it comes to gambling - even if you get your winnings instantly credited into your account you will never stop.

The only way to stop is to arrest the addiction as much as possible - don't have the opportunity or the availability to bet in the first place.

That's the only way I see forward.

Boomakers will never take responsibility on their actions because otherwise they wouldn't be in business - gambling is taking money from one person and transferring it to another for no real value, which is why it's destructive.

Gambling was like addiction for me, I was a master of rummy card game, poker and other card games, won enormous amount of money with my skills. But the sad part is now I am having nothing in my hands just because of gambling. Now I have push myself away from gambling and living a normal life.

On 1/20/2017 at 2:19 PM, Karinanderson said:

Gambling was like addiction for me, I was a master of rummy card game, poker and other card games, won enormous amount of money with my skills. But the sad part is now I am having nothing in my hands just because of gambling. Now I have push myself away from gambling and living a normal life.

How has it been for you so far?

On 11/16/2016 at 5:25 PM, anonymous1 said:

I have lost 30k over the last two months which was life changing money.

the worst part for me was the lies i was teling to my family which has caused extreme anxiety for which im now on medication

i have agreed with my family to put any money from my wages to be put into another family members account.

you can recover from gambling addiction you just need to be strong and get help from family

the bookmakers have lots more to do to help gamblers with addictions for example i found they held on to withdrawls you had made back to your account  for three or four days .

That is indeed correct.